First Birthday

First Birthday
Mommy + "The Girls"

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Hubby's Home.....and LOTS of Questions

Hi All,
Hubby's back...travelling "all done", (as the girls would say---with arms outstretched palms facing upward) and mommy has lots of questions.

Question: Will I still get the "wife of the year award", if I am torn between hugging my husband or hugging his computer when he arrives home after being away?

Answer: No, because I was knocked out of this one in the preliminary rounds.

Question: Will I still get the "mother of the year award", if I turn up the radio in the SUV to drown out Sophia and Alyssa's whining?

Answer: Yes, because I am raising twins.

Question: Is it better to paint in barefeet or shoes?
Answer: Barefeet, that way you can feel the paint when you step in it and avoid traipsing it through the house.

Question: Just who do they think they are fooling with this "vanity sizing"?
Answer: Rich, fat people.........the more expensive the clothes the smaller the sizing.

Question: Can parents really be subjective when it comes to their own children?
Answer: Not a chance!

Question: Is it easier to teach 32 prepubescent adolescents or raise twin 2 year olds???
Answer: Hands down, teaching adolescents, raging hormones and all, is far easier than the latter.

Question: Am I the only mother to have to readjust my pre-mom thinking to fit into "reality"?
Answer: Hopefully not.

Question: What do you do when driving on the highway and the girls, in tandem, have a snot sneeze? (Otherwise known as "a hanger")
Answer: Hand them a kleenex and hope for the best.

Question: Does this blogging stuff take away from other activities?
Answer: Let's see...........I painted a closet, refinished a doorway, made the girls their curtains (finally!), hemmed a skirt and pants..........all because I didn't have a computer this weekend.

Okay, okay enough of the questions ........still don't have any pictures .....but I do have a story to share.

An Alyssa Story

Hubby is away and Alyssa finally gets Sophia's cold. Alyssa, having trouble sleeping, is waking up and crying out due to her congestion etc. Mommy goes in to comfort, bring her downstairs, watch TreeHouse, ( Thank you God for 24 hour programming), have a freezie and some meds etc...etc...Alyssa nods that she is ready to go back to bed so off we go. 15 minutes later (time check: 2:00 am) she cries out again. Since Mommy is going for "the mommy of the year" award she takes her back downstairs for another dose of TreeHouse (repeat: Thank God............),
anyway at least one more time of the above Mommy decides, screw the award, and says to Alyssa, "Honey we are going to lie down together in Mommy's bed". Alyssa shreiks and points to downstairs. (Time Check: 3:30 am). Mommy is firm, without beating, that NO we are staying up here together. Alyssa then decides to call out "DADDY, Daddy". Well, I dare say she has definitely figured out that if one won't give her her way she will try the other one. Now I know kids really don't know how to manipulate at this age but.........certainly signs are starting to show at our house. It ended up that Alyssa and I fell into blissful sleep together in Mommy's bed (a rare occurrence) zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Until Sophia woke everyone up at 7:00 am........................


Swimming With NONNA

After a "great" night's sleep, off we go to swimming lessons at 10 am with Nonna. Now Alyssa is our water bug and will try new things and just generally really enjoys herself. So, Mommy of course got to have Alyssa and Nonna had Sophia. Sophia being of a different sort, just basically clung to Nonna's neck and said "NO". She won't let you put her on her back, front, etc. ... Everything is NO. However, she really enjoyed the last 10 minutes when the class went into the hot tub. She really enjoyed lounging and the pressure was off to do anything else! All she needed was a cold drink and she would have been in heaven.

That's it.....that's all..............gotta go give hubby a hug!

3 comments:

crazylady said...

IN UNISON, EVERYBODY NOW... thank god for Treehouse!!!! I don't know how people expect to survive toddlerhood without Dora and Elmo (even though I can't understand a damn word he says). I gave up tv rationing early in my career. Wife of the year? Mother of the Year? Get in line baby. Sorry to burst that bubble. HMmmm hug YOUR hubby or the computer, that's a tough one NOT....!!! Where are my photos???!!!! And yeah, you can throw in some of the kids too. Agreement on the car music is like hostage negotiation. We play annoyingly catchy tape "my forever family" until the eyes get heavy (the twins, and only occassionally mine), and then the big switch happens. If snot happens, well you're SOL.
And you're not fooling anyone. I'm smarter than the average bear. You only did all those jobs in the job jar to settle your guilt over your new found obsession. You knew you'd have NO time later so you'd better finally get them out of the way. Am I getting warm?

insanemommy said...

Ha ha.. Please give me an award too! I get it with the computer. Have been without mine for a week now. I turn the car music up super loud to drain out the girls and sometimes Jeff too....

Sigh... I wish I was as talented as you and Sen. "super-stars". *wink*

RamblingMother said...

Oh yes they do know how to manipulate at that young age. That is figured out quickly!! Not only do they figure it out but they then continue to make sure to stay between you for their own advantage. I sometimes think kids this age are much smarter than the parents! I know sometimes mine is.

Beverly