First Birthday

First Birthday
Mommy + "The Girls"

Friday, July 27, 2007

Kitchen Facelift



This picture to the left is one of the before pictures of the kitchen. It is quickly becoming a distant memory as the new and improved kitchen is replacing the old and dated. Enjoy the before and afters of our nearly done facelifted kitchen.




Halleluia, praise the Lord...Kitchen upstairs is now complete. Ah, who am I kidding? It is almost complete.....Out went the cooktop and in went our stove that had been in our furnace room for a year!!!



Anybody looking for a perfectly good used cooktop? It is gas to boot. Great deal.....I'll let you in on a secret, I originally wanted to keep the cooktop and this beautiful stove was to replace the electric stove in the basement. Alas, no right-minded pipefitter would attempt this feat since our basement is completely finished, would cause way too much damage and would be exorbitant in cost. Not worth it! Decision made, sell cooktop keep stove upstairs (this way I get an extra oven to boot). Now have 3 ovens in the house. No need for S + A to have an Easy Bake Oven. 4 ovens in one house would be over-the-top! They can go crazy baking mommy, (and daddy) some delicious baked goodies, souffles, gourmet meals. Don't laugh they have already mastered making Jell-O. Alyssa learned pretty quick what hot meant when she stuck her finger in the liquid jell-o right after I added the HOT water. She is still fearful to do the finger taste test after the COLD is added. A lesson well learned.



Speaking of S + A here are some pictures (taken today), of the lovely's clearly reminding their mother to take some time to smell the flowers on the way. Gotta love these girls.


I don't know why these pictures turned out a little blurry. I guess ya'll know what to get me for my birthday! (insert chuckling here) Photography lessons would be nice too. (iinsert more chuckling here)

11 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks for the tips on those curtains. You have a great eye for detail, I had to look at them again to see that they ARE quite short ;) never noticed that before...but I guess I will have to do something about them soon. Love your remodel, it looks great! Your girls are darling and the blur just makes the photo all the better. Softness and sweetness all in one!

insanemommy said...

I swear your children look like my Katie. Actually they could all be triplets. Your girls look more like Katie than her own twin! Cute. Love the kitchen!!

crazylady said...

BIRTHDAY? how old are your crows feet anyways? kidding
Nice redo! Keeping up with the crazee's I see!
I'm sure you're glad that one's over.
So when is dinner at your place?

Steffie B. said...

Wow.....when should I expect my invitation for wining and dining? And 3 ovens? Just how big IS your house????? Never mind....I'm warming up the Mama machine and we are moving in! ;)

Diana said...

Sen, My crow's feet are OLD, you can't have them unless you are, well, OLD. I agree with you there, though about the crazee reno. House is not big, just every nook and cranny is fait accompli, however not necessarily to my taste. {sigh}

redmaryjanes said...

The kitchen looks great and I love those photos of the girls!

Nikki said...

Your kitchen looks absolutely beautiful...worth having a house filled with tradespeople, I suspect!

Your girls are lovely -- even if they are a bit blurry. (just call it effect, I'll buy it.) Lovely flowers too...how do they smell???

"M2" said...

I'm looking very carefully at the photos of the cabinets.
Mine are similar to your "dated" ones though mine are far more dated than yours.
I have painted cabinets before only to have to touch up constantly and problematic keeping them clean...

so... spill what a "glaze" is please. I want so badly to change mine but am scared it will create work for me.

Diana said...

Hey Secret, glad you could stop bye. I have NEVER painted cabinents before, first timer here. My SIL had the same people do hers, and it's been a year now-no complaints.
It is a 2 step process, first paint (with oil) and then you glaze over top (oil again). It isn't hard to do (I watched). You just paint on the glaze in whatever tone...mine is an expresso and then wiped off with a cheese cloth. The cupboards look antiqued. I think the original paint has a sealer in it especially for kitchens.
Check out the close up and did you see the trick with the bulkhead??

kerri said...

Nice, love the cupboards,bet your glad it's almost over.
We are still going strong here, painting has begun(so has the man room).
i love the softness of the photos, thought you did this on purpose you clever girl you!!

Elizabeth said...

I thought the blurry was a 'soft glow' to add atmosphere to the pictures. You had me fooled.
PS do you forgive me?
I changed my blog and didn't ad you to the links BY MISTAKE.
I am so sorry. I've been a bad dragonfly....spank me?