First Birthday

First Birthday
Mommy + "The Girls"

Sunday, July 29, 2007

New Developments

I knew I shouldn't have laughed so heartily at her twin escapades. I should know better than to think that I would get through the terrible 2's with only a few not-so-terrible occurrences (am NOT including the excessive whiny times-they ARE terrible)


Sophia and Alyssa are Not attempting the great escape from their cribs. Yes, my girls are content to remain IN their cribs and create havoc from there just as nicely as some other children prefer to do out of their cribs. Both of my angels decided that nap time was going to be a good time to have some fun experimenting with liquids and solids. Off went their shorts, next came the very dry diaper that Momma had just firmly attached to each girl. Not firmly enough though apparently.




That wasn't quite enough though, Sophia, who seems to be able too pee anywhere and avoid tinkling on herself , wet every sheet, quilt, and blanket that WAS in her crib. After thoroughly soaking these items they were all tossed out of the crib. I guess she enjoyed the experience but draws the line at sleeping in her own urine. Alyssa, not so pee suave, ending up soaking all her bedding plus the shirt on her back and her legs etc.....She had tossed all of the pee-drenched items out of the crib also, but was in discomfort due to her urine soaked top. Alas, nap time was shortened, and Mommy enters the room to the disaster described above. No pictures were taken to protect the innocents' nakedness.


Note to Mommies in waiting: Mattress protectors are a MUST have item for your beds/cribs.




So in lieu of pictures of the episode above, I have some other pictures of the girls looking much more civilized and frankly, looking incapable of the pee drenched scene described above. Sophia actually did her first twirl ever in her dress completely initiated on her own. Oh, my aching heart! And of course Alyssa followed suit.
Sophia was pretty peeved with me in these pictures for not putting the GREEN barrette in her hair.

10 comments:

Nikki said...

They are just adorable in their matching dresses.
Sorry about the disaster in their cribs...Oy!

insanemommy said...

HA HA HA HA HA... Yep, we've experienced this too. Don't know how they always manage to do it WITHOUT taking their diaper off though!!! ha ha ha ha....I hate changing crib sheets too. What a pain...

Steffie B. said...

Yes....I too have experienced walking into Sophia's room to find her buck naked....pee all over the bed and blankets as well. Thankfully we could reason with her about NOT taking her clothes off anymore! It only happened about 3 times.....thank goodness!

Elizabeth said...

Your escapades are so much fun to read! And yes mattress protectors are a MUST! I would have thrown out the matress months ago otherwise.
Sweet pictures BTW, love the sun dresses. You pictures make think about my own little daughter and the cute things I will stuff her in.

Ps
forgive me yet?

"M2" said...

mine won't do that.


back to the cabinets where I can't leave a comment..... is it called
glazing??? do they have to be completely stripped first??? I wanna do that to mine.
can you send me a link???? pretty please

RamblingMother said...

Yuck and it is a good thing they are so cute.

Beverly

Diana said...

Ha Ha Ha ha ha ha roltflmao...this is for Secrets comment, (first part). I too thought I would be spared from such things...especially the idiotic children's programs..Bwahahahahahaha
No matter how hard I try they seem to be developing their "authentic" self that everyone hopes for. Bwahahaha.
Will e-mail you Re: Cabinent redo...sent me a picture of your kitchen, would be very helpful.

Diana said...

Ms. Dragonfly, the ice is just starting to melt around my heart, may take more than a spanking.
And why is that I can so see you in a silk lounger, smoking a cigarello?

Elizabeth said...

Diane,
will another 6 bucks heal your pain?
~Ms. Dragonfly deeply inhaling on her cigarette with plastic extention tip

crazylady said...

the photos are foggy. Are you so chocked up you cried?

Oh you rookies you.
Let big Momma tell you how it's done.

Dresses are very Laura Ashley pretty.