First Birthday

First Birthday
Mommy + "The Girls"

Sunday, May 20, 2007

7 Things

I have been tagged by Rony to divulge 7 things about "moi".

1. I was on "Tiny Talent Time", twirling a baton.

2. People tell me that I am a "fast" talker...literally. I have a tendency to talk quickly I guess it comes from being the only girl in a family with 3 brothers...no one seemed really interested in what I had to say so whatever I did want to say I had to get it out quickly.

3. I took acting classes 2 years ago and actually auditioned for a local play...didn't get the part. But it is a secret passion of mine that I wish that I had pursued when I was younger.

4. I went to "Mr. T's" wrap party with a date, (who was an extra on the show), in Toronto, many, many moons ago. Was duly impressed, but wasn't interested in my date, ended up marrying DH and have been married for nearly 11 years.

5. I was always against international adoption because of the need, I felt, in my own country, that was BEFORE snort,snort, gag, and nearly vomiting, I met the SW, CAS people etc. etc. Who seem to think they have omnipotent powers and were selected by the Father Almighty himself.....can you tell I am just a wee bit jaded??

6. Have been teaching for 21 years........probably the longest serving teacher ever to take a maternity leave!!! Have been a SAHM since we got S + A ..about 18 months now and will be returning part-time this September! Yippeeee love my girls but...never thought a SAHM was THIS difficult!

7. Was a VERY rebellious teen....really, I know it is hard to believe. Just one antic that I can share is that as young teens we used to sneak out at night and meet up to go skinny dipping in unsuspecting people's pools. S + A will definitely have a hard time pulling "the wool over my eyes". But really, deep down inside I don't think ANY parent thinks that their little one (at this stage) is going to be pushing the limits in an unmanageable way. I sometimes think a higher power saved me from myself by not allowing DH and I to procreate!!! *Wink*

5 comments:

insanemommy said...

Awwww.... SAHM's have it tough! Trust me they're s a reason I work. *wink*. Raising our little twinkies is a tough job.

So you were a little on the rebellious side? hmmm....

Love the list!

Rony

D said...

I am so in awe of SAHP's with twins. When I have the girls for a few days I'm fretted and worried and afterwards I'm exhausted - I can't believe you do this every day of the year. Amazing.

And I have to admit that this is one of my favorite memes so far - I've learned lots of fun things about people whose blogs I read!

Steffie B. said...

I was a little rebellious too! Still am! lol

crazylady said...

Tiny Talent Time?! I sooo miss that show. So you're a veritable celebrity? Isn't that kinda how Brittney Smears and Christina Can-u-sparaMe started?
I expect big things from you.
So does that mean you're acting when you're being nice to me?
I was rebellious once. Had a shaved head and wore a dog collar. Judas Preist. The whole nine yards. Ugg. Man did Lacoste do a job on me.

Jen said...

I miss working outside of the home, too. Staying at home (and I really hate that term since most days I'm rarely home) is HARD!