First Birthday

First Birthday
Mommy + "The Girls"

Friday, May 25, 2007

"Feeding Time"


"Feeding time" at the zoo is by far a unanimous least favourite activity to do with the girls. Except for maybe Nonna who was put on this planet for the sole purpose of making sure that everyone within her reach gets enough food in one day to last a few days should a war break out, a blackout, all of the grocery stores run out of food, or all of the above. God bless that woman who has the patience of a saint and has been known to be at the "feeding trough" for an hour with S + A! But for mere mortals such as myself and hubby, feeding time is something to be avoided if at all possible. This is just one reason going back to work is joyous ..one less meal per day to prepare and feed to the little dahlings.


Alyssa (top photo) and Sophia enjoying a rare breakfast of frozen fruit and toast...need I explain why this is a rare breakfast???? Berries stain and the little tots rip off their bibs...think: stains, stains, stains! Before children I thought that laundry detergent worked perfectly fine! Now that I have been enlightened laundry detergent is the biggest rip-off on the market. Why should I have to soak, and pretreat dirty clothes? What is the detergent supposed to do? All this time I actually thought that it was cleaning my clothes, apparently not. I don't prewash or handwash ANYTHING....if it can't go in the machine I don't buy it. Poor S + A will have to wear stained clothes, unless my faithful readers can give me some EASY laundering tips. Sorry girls that you have such an inept clothes laundering Mommy.





5 comments:

insanemommy said...

I'd be buying your little dahlings a giant smock! My girls don't take off their bib (they wouldn't dare) off. I of course didn't let them feed themselves until I was ready. ha ha.. Now, saying this the nannies sometimes *gasp* give the girls something like berries without thinking to put bib on. We've had stern discussions about the importance of babies bib...I too wonder how to get stains like berries out of their clothing? If you find out please pass the info to your fellow sistah's!

Rony

D said...

Clean toddler clothes is another word for new toddler clothes. We simply consider stains something to be worn with pride (as long as you are 6 and under).

RamblingMother said...

On white clothes the clorox pen works great. On others, Shout stain removeror something like it. Then get the Borax mule powder that supplements the detergent. I am so with you, if it can't be washed and dried in the dryer, it doesn't get purchased.

Beverly

crazylady said...

Unless it's a rust stain, I can get out anything. I'm a laundry fanatic.
Suck it up.

Diana said...

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I am with you D....stained clothes are the visible evidence of hard work for a toddler. However, I think the same applies to SAHMs. However, I do so love their cute outfits so I am going give the MULE a try...should be a real "kicker" of a time! I am so NOT funny!!