First Birthday

First Birthday
Mommy + "The Girls"

Thursday, May 17, 2007

I'm Still HERE!!

Yes, I am still here.........however, am still using hubby's computer which isn't as regularly available as I need. Next week my d*m computer is supposed to come and I PROMISE to post LOTS of pictures of the girls....and 1 or 2 of DH for his fan club! hehe I know you can all appreciate my frustration...thanks for caring (as if).
Anyways, thanks Sen for clarifying the difference between Canadian VERSUS American adoption...To reiterate in Canada we DON'T readopt we just have to satisfy the Chinese requirements to ensure that their lovely children are in good homes and are thriving. No such thing as a Canadian birth certificate for our China girls, BUT the 6 month and 12 month post-adoption forms are so IMPORTANT because if they are not completed the agency may have difficulties with the Chinese government for future adopting moms and dads. The trust issue between China and CB could be at risk if people didn't follow through with these forms. I could have said STUFF IT, they are mine and you can't take them back anyway, (nah,nah,nah), BUT a little thing call CONSCIENCE and MORALS drove me to complete them in spite of a lackadaisical SW and a FULL plate called TWINS. So it was a HUGE relief to lick the stamps, and drop them in the mailbox. You are so WELCOME, future mom and dads and thank you to all former Mom and Dads for completing their forms too. And while I am at it HAPPY BELATED MOTHER'S DAY to everyone.

An Alyssa Story

The other day Alyssa runs up to me excitedly exclaiming, "shims, shims, shims". I smile and pretend to understand her and say the usual words of encouragement, "yes, good girl, and good talking". I think they have figured out that I really don't have A CLUE what they are talking about when I use those type of fake words, hehehe. So little Alyssa continues, very excitedly, chanting, "shims, shims, shims", and runs to the table where she has placed 2 identical penguin stuffed animals (just in case you thought they were real, ha ha ), "shims, shims". Light bulb goes on for Mommy (finally) and I realize that she is saying, "twins, twins, twins"! Now how smart is THAT???

2 comments:

insanemommy said...

Let me get this straight. You write the report however you PAY your SW? Oh, man that is just wrong. I would be fit to be tied...... AND it was late to boot?!?! Something ain't right with that picture girly girl.....

I want to see some pictures.... If you have to go to your public library-- or Sens to post.. ha ha.

crazylady said...

I could have translated that for you. Aren't you relieved I broke the code for "eggo" ....deciphered is I go!
Yeah, I had to write my post placement reports too. Full control so I didn't complain.