First Birthday

First Birthday
Mommy + "The Girls"

Sunday, May 27, 2007

The Jury's Still Out

A "rare" and coveted family photo taken in The Village at Collingwood.
At the top of the mountain, after a scary gondola ride. Alyssa makes a break for it! Thankfully she went in this direction................





At the splash pad in the village. I like the pictures through the water. The girls so wanted to jump in. Sophia got the wettest.

Sophia proudly displays her Christmas coaster that she brought all the way from home. See how organized my mommy is ....she is all ready preparing for Christmas! lol




Mommy and her babies ...this too is a rare photo as Mommy is usually the photographer.
More splashin' fun. Alyssa and Daddy pointing at Mommy.
Sophia is the one who looks like she is getting drenched in this photo.






The truth is that I started to prepare for this weekend last weekend. Yes, I so foolishly did, and I guess the police officer who pulled me over to give me a "failure to stop at friggin stop sign" ticket thought that I was foolish too. He was especially empathetic, for all of his 20 years on this planet knowing just how hard it is to load a car with all of the essentials, including two 2 year olds but he still slapped me with an $85 ticket anyway. ( Insert many expletives here, and a heavy dose of sarcasm) . I trudged on in a much altered mood, to meet DH in the designated place to continue our journey together. Things went smoothly, DH had a great time at the Bounce N' Play with S + A ,(see earlier post). I didn't even comment on the fact that DH was spoiling all of Mommy's previous training by being so engrossed with the Chicklets that they would expect the same trend from Mommy the following week. (sigh). After ensuring that the sleep factor would kick in on the way up to the chalet, we left very hopeful and looking forward to our little get-a-way. Here's the kicker, I finally realized, yes, the heavy traffic was the give-away, that I had mixed up the weekends!!! A mother of 2 year old twins cannot make these kind of mistakes EVER! Especially in 24 weekend traffic for nothing! ( For my U.S. friends our 24 weekend equates with your Memorial Day weekend). How did this happen? I used to be a very organized and in control kinda person...you know "with it". I personally blame the police officer! hehehehe
After our unplanned "trial" packing fiasco, we did make it up this weekend to the Chalet. I christened the light biege carpet immediately upon entering the premises by smashing a glass bottle of Budweiser on it. Not to fear, had lots more! Besides I drink Coors Lite, Hubby is the Bud guy. It was SO much easier this year with the girls than last year, however the jury's still out whether a repeat weekend get-away is in the future. Probably leaning more towards a 5 - 7 day get-away, or maybe not at all. However, we did get a rare, coveted family photo and Sophia got a chance to show everyone her Christmas coaster that she brought with her all the way from home! What a hoot!

7 comments:

Dianne said...

So glad to find another fun twin blog to follow! Your girls are darling, hey, the whole family is! Thanks for your comment, love the water pictures.
Dianne
Sophie and Sage

Olivia said...

adorable pictures!

M and M said...

Collingwood is lots of fun!

GREAT pictures!

kerri said...

Sounds like your having a great time, the photos are terrific, love the family shot.

crazylady said...

NOW THAT'S MORE LIKE IT! *wink*
glad to see you survived. It is always so much work (for mom) to buy everything, pack everything, load everything and get the group going. I do this every weekend for the cottage. Any sympathy yet?

crazylady said...

pic in profile not showing up on comments. I will forward my grasshopper the instructions.

insanemommy said...

Another grasshopper?! I love it!! In control? What's that? Me too. Use to be total control freak can barely get outta the house with shoes on. Usually carrying them!

Love the fotos of you and your gorgeous family.

Rony