First Birthday

First Birthday
Mommy + "The Girls"

Friday, May 11, 2007

Post Partum Depression

Post Partum Depression Forms, aka Post Adoption Placement Forms........the all too familiar 6 and 12 month PAPF are officially done and in the mail. Yipee....happy dance..........all paperwork is over!!!!!!!!!!! Think double paperwork for twins and then you can appreciate my exuberance...............I know, I know, the 6 month is WAY late...I'm blameless......social worker even included blame on herself in the report. Pre-adoptive moms and dads make note to self to get a FAMILY picture of ALL of you at the critical 6 and 12 month time. Not always on the list of priorities but important for your post partum depression forms.

6 comments:

insanemommy said...

Di. Us too. Dh (of course he did) did all the finalization of adoption (There are about 14 or 15 states in the US that require it --Naturally VA)so that we can get a birth certificate (?) for our girls. I guess they need it to get into school in Va. And here I was thinking of homeschooling........*cough* cough*choke* hardly! ha ha. I'm insane but not psycho.

Anyway total re-adoption cost $76.00 US Dollars... I think I'll buy myself a pair of shoes...

D said...

Well, Oregon doesn't require you to readopt but we did it anyway as the US birth certificates will make things so much easier later. And for the same reason I am just in the process of having the adoption certified in Germany which will give them German birth certificates as well!

As for pictures. Boy do I have a lot of pictures. Yet, family pictures. That's always hard. We have only a few. And I keep reminding myself to use every opportunity to get more (we aren't the studio pictures kind of people, so this means handing my camera to someone else...)

RamblingMother said...

Glad to know you have this behind you.

Beverly

insanemommy said...

I'd e-mail you but can't find your e-mail. WHEN the heck are you going to update?? C'mon girl... News..

crazylady said...

SLACKER ....JOIN THE PROGRAM or you're coming off the cool list.

p.s I don't think the Americans understand your post about the 6 month and 12month reports. We DONT readopt in Canada. Adoption final in China, and citizenship happens after. I believe you Americans get that immediately. We don't get a birth certificate in Canada. We only have the Chinese birth/abandonment papers to use.
See Dee, why am I 'splaining this to your viewers? Cuz I'm well, nosey.

Diana said...

Rony, I am so busy following your busy life that I have nothing to report!! Just kidding... I have put my e-mail address on my profile for you....
Am off for the long weekend but hubby is bringing his computer (yippee).
ttfn