First Birthday

First Birthday
Mommy + "The Girls"

Friday, June 8, 2007

Blessings

This has been a long, emotional week. Dh, my main man and huge support, was home late 2 nights already and is going away for the entire weekend. I was getting ready for our Friday excursion to the "Bawl 'N Pay" on Wednesday just because I thought it was Thursday ...Then, today I didn't even end up going. We have had an entire week of night wake ups usually around 2 am, and I have had a touch of insomnia so I haven't even been asleep by the time the girls wake up, so a little sleep deprived. So why did I today, of all days, watch the video, "The Dying Room"? I guess I am a glutten for punishment, just bring it all on at once and get it over with. If you haven't seen this video and you are a family-in-waiting I think I would wait...........I don't know if I could take watching it before I got S + A....I agonized enough over their care and welfare and I think this would have put me ove the top seriously, a heart and mind can only take so much. Seeing this video makes me feel even more like a whiner, maybe I am Sophia's whiner role-model. We have it so good in this country and have so much to be grateful for and I know it in my head but I can't always put it into practise. It's like vacation mode...why can't we maintain that laid-back attitude when we get home...why? why? Why can't I be grateful for 2 beautiful kids, a supportive husband and family and friends, a house, plenty of food and a quality of life 80% of the world would literally die for. Who cares that the house needs painting, or that I want crown moulding in all of the rooms, or picking the right hinges for the new cabinents...really why is that so important to me?...where did this person come from.? I should be grateful that I have friends and I should appreciate my MIL more, and not be bothered by the fact that she likes to sometimes rearrange my knick knacks. The woman folds my undies, is it weird that I'm not even the least bit distracted by that? Oh, did I mention that I ate more yesterday than I did all of last week? And the guy that came to hook up my gas stove, (okay we have been here nearly a year and we still haven't gotten it done), took one look and said that it wasn't an easy job. Hello? Flashback to phone convo with the "voice" at said institution.





Me: Are you sure he doesn't need to come and LOOK at it first?





Her: NO.





Me: Our basement is completely finished, it won't be easy hooking up a new gas line, are you sure?





Her: YES.





Me: Okay. ( did NOT remove the electric stove beforehand, 'cause I knew).





So he, as in gas guy, shows up and confirms what I all ready knew. He can't do it, needs to bring in "other people", but here's the mother of all ... gas guy wants to charge me $85 frickin dollars for telling me what I all ready knew. What??I wanted to say look, do you not see these 2 whiny kids who seriously need to eat while I traispe around the house with you when I should be taking care of them???Gas guy smartened up and revoked his almost last sentence to be uttered on this earth. Yeah, I know, I think I'm tough.



Then my lovely little family witnessed a bird die. It flew right into the front door and plopped down nearly dead on the front porch. DH moved the poor thing's carcas to the front lawn where I think the neighbours cat got it. Seriously, this breaks my heart, death is one thing but knowing it suffered is another. DH was going to put it out of his misery but couldn't do it......So now I keep my front door closed so there won't be any further bird deaths at our house. I don't even feel like posting pics of S + A. All I want to do right now is to sleep and tell my visitors that are coming to stay the h*ll home! I feel like such a shmuck.............................






That was yesterday's rantings, feel much better today .......still missing the "man". As it turns out all you have to do to get 2 year olds to sleep through the night is tell them. Yup, I told S + A last night that Mommy was on her own and that if they woke up with teeth pain they had to try to go back to sleep. It worked, they didn't wake me up at 2 am (first time all week), and they slept in until 5:30am. I would have liked a later wake-up call but I was happy with what I got. I have some pictures to share with you taken this week of my 2 blessings.



The picture above is of my lounge lizard Alyssa sucking on her thumb. Sophia playing in the background. The picture below is Alyssa turning her back to me, in attempts to hide her thumb-sucking after I told her "thumb out!"


Wanna play Pick up 75 balls everyday in addition to the inside mess? Call me crazy, but I just love seeing them have fun.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi
it´s very nice site...
Happy Birthday!


my name is manuela...please send me a photo of your´ favorite cup.
We´ll publish them all!
look of my blog...

http://lieblingstassen.blogspot.com/

please send me the photo an email

lieblingstasse@freenet.de

Thanks...
by manuela

crazylady said...

Crazy. You said I could.

Missed you today. Thought aliens came. Relieved to hear they are still hovering.
Sorry 'bout the birdie. It was coming to tell you something no doubt. Now, well...

crazylady said...

Crazy. You said I could.

Missed you today. Thought aliens came. Relieved to hear they are still hovering.
Sorry 'bout the birdie. It was coming to tell you something no doubt. Now, well...

Elizabeth said...

Ouch. I have had days like you mentioned, though not with twins. My hubby works some nights and I hated that when my boy was still not sleeping through the night.
If it helps, I too found a dead bird on my property, I think my cat did it. And I feel even worse cuz I have bird feeders! Assisted-bird slaughter-er!
glad this day is better. Lack of sleep makes me crazy.
Hearin' you , sending good vibes...

Steffie B. said...

Hope you are feeling better. Had an emotional week myself. I can't hardly function if I a, sleep deprived. Hope you can play catch up in that area.

The birdie would break my heart too. I hjave several feeders and so enjoy watching them flit everywhere....they are so free.

insanemommy said...

Man oh man. Sounds like you have had the "mother" of all weeks. And a dead birdy too! I hate seeing anything suffer. Glad to hear babies did not wake you up. I think I'm lucky when I hear you girls saying your babies are up at 5:30am. Mine sleep until at least 6:30am and sometimes later......

Rony

Diana said...

Must admit........their USUAL wake up time is between 7:30 - 8:30..Today was 8 am!!! Yippee

"M2" said...

poor tweetie.
We created a massacre here a while back with bird feeders.

The insomnia is rolling around blogland, with or without kids it seems.
ugggg.

off to watch the dying room...

Diana said...

NO, NO don't do it, unless you're crazy like moi!!! It's TOO much...don't say I didn't warn you. At least let me know your feelings after if you're going to torment yourself and watch it.