First Birthday

First Birthday
Mommy + "The Girls"

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Cats Out..






The cats out of the bag, I might as well admit it, I am an obnoxious do-it-youselfer! The only channel I watch on the tube is HGTV. I like Debbie Reeves, Sarah Richardson, Designer Guys, heck, all of them..haven't met a designer I haven't liked yet. I subscribe to House and Home. If a week goes bye and I haven't fixed, created, redone, reinvented, painted, sewed or decorated, I get antsy. It is a huge passion and miraculously fits into my current SAHM lifestyle. My next project is our kitchen, looking to give it a face-lift, (wish I could get the same for myself, but kitchen's probably cheaper)...........will post before and after pictures later.






For now here are some pictures of the "reason-I-bought-my sewing-machine".




The girls bedroom drapes.I bought these letters from Wal Mart in the States, a while back and wasn't sure if I was going to spell out their names or what. Finally decided to do the first initail of each of their names, so I had to get more letters but couldn't get the "A" for Alyssa, (explains the gap). Was told by the Wal Mart people that Carters discountinued making them but will be coming out with new ones soon. I am hoping the new A will look okay.....Since I live in Canada getting to Wal Mart in the States requires planning. Wal Mart in Canada doesn't carry them, figures. If any of my American readers, I know you're out there, see them please e-mail me and let me know they are in. I would greatly appreciate it, so my Alyssa doesn't grow up wondering why her mother didn't include her name on the wall.


Sophia's side of their room (top pic.) and Alyssa's side of their room (bottom pic). Please share your reno stories with me, I would love to hear and see them if possible. How have you done/or going to do your daughters room? For me, doing S + A's room was an opportunity to ceate the room that I never had and always wanted. I really want them to be proud of their room and view it as a sanctuary when they get older.

6 comments:

"M2" said...

It's so pretty.
Love the curtains...valence... whatever it's called.
good job on that.

also... every Chinese art thingy I find is red/yellow or black and white and quite ugly

yet I see yours is kinda pastel...
where didya get it???? I must have one.

crazylady said...

I thought the letters spelled out 'slob' until my keen eye realized it was sldb.
I am HGTv'd too but HATE (is not strong enough a word) Justin and Whats his face on "How Not to Decorate"... bunch of sucks.
You and Rony share a past life of PeptoBismol pink. You should compare notes. I'm afraid. There are more of you?

Diana said...

They are curtains, roman blind style, they go up and completely down for naptime. Sen: The pink is not this intense in reality, not even close to PeptoBismol.
For you Secret Agent...the Chinese artsy thingy on the wall will have to wait...in China our guide had someone come to the hotel and make these for our girls. It is on beautiful ivory paper and has their name, dob, place of birth. It also says "Forever Family" , "Made In China, Loved In Canada". All in Chinese characters of course so it could say, "you stupid Canadians paying all this money for this banner", for all we know?
It was at least a foot longer, which as you can see interfered with the chair rail, so thankfully it was only blank there so I had to cut it and reattach to the pole. Too bad, because it was really done meticulously. I will post a close up of it on a post for you, but only for you my friend.
Cheers, gotta go use the coolest toilet on the planet!

insanemommy said...

You are a true talent. Have I mentioned I have no talent? Yes, I would love for you to make me some beautiful draperies.... Where do I mail the money?! My babies room is about the same shade of pink! And I love the toille. Mine is black and white though.

I don't know of these shows you call HGT something or rather.....

Diana said...

Post pics Rony!

Anonymous said...

Diana,

My baby also has a PeptoBismol room. Luckily she hearts pink.

here is a photo I took in 2005.
http://homenge.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!6181763431471081!303.entry

Furnitures for IKEA, beddings are from Target. Wall deco: gifts (probably from TJ Max or Ross). I made the quilt myself.