First Birthday

First Birthday
Mommy + "The Girls"

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Close Up

This is a close up of the banner that we purchased in China for Sophia, (Alyssa has the same one). Our agency's travel guide brought the gentleman that made these to our hotel in Beijing. We customized and picked what we wanted them to say. Ours say their name, dob, city. We also had him write, "Forever Family" and the date. The banner also says, "Made In China, Loved In Canada". He brought us the completed banners a few days later. It is really beautiful and you cannot see from this picture the details on the paper. We really didn't buy much in China since the twins really kept us busy and out of the shopping scene. But I am glad we got a chance to purchase these. Sometimes I think the good Lord gave me S + A to keep me out of the malls! But I do my best and I have tried on-line, not as fun as the real deal but I guess I can't be choosy at this point in my life.

4 comments:

crazylady said...

We have a matching pair, but weren't as smart to request the personalized message. Oops.
I love them. One has a purple stain on it from one munchkin's finger (I presume from chewable vitamin)

Lovely sentiment.

insanemommy said...

Gorgeous. We didn't buy any silk screens for the chicklette's however for mommy and daddy. You so smart!

Rony

"M2" said...

thank you for the close up.
I hope they are still offered to us when we go.
That is something I definately want.

Diana said...

This and SQUEAKY shoes you gotta get in all the sizes for your little one. Squeaky shoes musta originated in China, because you couldn't get them here until VERY recently and they are HARD to find. Go to the market for the squeaky shoes...cheap, cheap, cheap. Also, I would recommend getting boots and shoes, China is a deal shmeal. Oh, I cannot wait to travel back to China with you...