First Birthday

First Birthday
Mommy + "The Girls"

Friday, June 22, 2007

Twin Fix

Twin updates for today's post since I know most of you really only want to see pictures of the Chicklets, and not read my ramblings about nothing. Right now, as I probably mentioned in an earlier post, they are fixated with Kleenex, toilet paper, napkins, paper towels and paper. They love those really tiny post it papers. They doodle on them and then post them all over the house. Kleenex and toilet paper get the origami treatment, which starts off with large item creations like kites, ice cream cones, airplanes etc. but eventually they get reduced to tiny balls and shreddings of food of some sort. Today Alyssa was stuffing the tiny bits down her top. Aside from it being a messy activity, I really don't mind (I hear trees screaming in the forest). In most rooms of my house there is evidence of it.







Below (right) is a picture of Doctor Sophia using a piece of toilet paper as a band aid and fixing Alyssa's pretend "boo-boo". If you look carefully you can see a tiny piece of Kleenex in Alyssa's hand.










Alyssa is holding a travel bottle of cream in one hand and you guessed it a tiny piece of toilet paper in the other.
Shoving toilet paper down the toilet is a common thing in toddler hood, my girls fortunately, have only done this once. They just LOVE having the stuff , playing with it and ripping it, They add it to their play dishes and make food etc. Does anyone else have a toddler that likes to do this? I really hope this phase passes quickly.





10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

For the record I like your ramblings about nothing.
Nope, my boy isn't into the paper thing, but I'm sure it's normal and a phase. My boy is into talking nonstop about supr heros, super powers.

Steffie B. said...

Sorry....no toilet paper freaks at my house. And I just put her right on the potty! No dumping for me! lol

M and M said...

Wait until they put one end of the toilet paper in the toilet and flush and watch the roll go!!

Great pictures!!

redmaryjanes said...

Well, I think it's great that when children love to play with things that are dirt cheap!

"M2" said...

I love your rambling too.
My cats have lots in common with your chicklets

crazylady said...

we put a coin operated dispenser on the toilet paper.

Diana said...

Aw shucks, you guys are makin' me blush, thanks again for the positive encouragements.
Steffie: I've been thinking, I really believe the toilet ate Sophia's excrement.... it just happened to me!!!!!!
M + M's on the house for everyone!

insanemommy said...

Rambling?! What's that? Oh, yeah it's called "motherhood"! lol.

Um, so your kid is stuffin' already?! Be afraid.....lol.

kerri said...

Toilet paper is an issue at our house, eldest uses 1/2 roll for one job, has plugged the toilet!!
The youngest seen Curious George and now grabs the end of the roll and runs with it until it empyties.
I buy the 60 pack rolls at Cosco, we go through a lot.
Love the photos.

Dawn - AB Family said...

Hi there,

When I read this post, I could really relate.
Zoe’s Kleenex shredding started on May long weekend.
When we made the 7 hour car trip to Saskatoon.
She had a cold and I gave her a Kleenex for the ride.
She played with Kleenex the whole way there and home again.
I did convince her to trade them now and then, but she really didn’t want to.
My husband said, “For gosh sakes, give the kids some toys”.
I did, but she still preferred the Kleenex.

Dawn, Chris and Zoe