First Birthday

First Birthday
Mommy + "The Girls"

Sunday, June 3, 2007

PMS

Okay just another thing to add to the following list of things NOT to do when PMSing:

1. Shop for clothes.

2. Get a hair cut, colour, new style......stay AWAY from the SALON

3. Stay away from nasty beauty regimes like getting waxed (hurts more, really, esthetician told me so, and it DID)
4. Discuss finances with hubby
5. Discuss anything with hubby, avoid him at all costs to spare him.....after all he's innocent.
6. SHOULD sleep in separate beds, helps alleviate some of the above problems.
7. Go grocery shopping.
8. Step on a weigh scale..........
9. Let MIL talk you into getting your kids hair cut..............



Right, you heard me............I took S + A on a whim to MIL's at -home hairdresser, who lives around the corner and is FREE, as in available right now. But she just had to call and double check. Sure enough, self-taught hair dresser was free to take the twins RIGHT THEN, so I thought , could it be so bad? S + A's bangs were getting so long they were past their chins and hung in their eyes...they were banging into things from poor visibility (just joking about the last one), but really anyone could see they were in desperate need of a TRIM. Did I say TRIM? I'm pretty sure that's what I set out to get done.....but they got chopped. They got the cute short, short, cut, that I think is so cute on other babies, but I wasn't going to get for S + A. I did manage to save the bangs from getting chopped, (just barely). At one point I remember yelling "NO". It's really all a blur now. I think I asphyxiated on the old lady permanent smell.....as we walked down the steep narrow stairs into the basement. I knew we were in for some trouble when I felt Sophia's body stiffening up as we started to descend those stairs...........heck, mine did! That was the beginning, they took one look at the faded, blonde, garlic fire- breathing dragon and the old lady responsible for the smell permeating from her head... and cried and hollered in unison. A crying toddler is one thing, manageable, but a crying toddler HOLLERING NO, NO, NO, is quite another. We again persevered and they ended up with this short cut.........just when I was mourning the loss of the babies, this had to happen, now they look even more grown-up. My poor heart.



















Above pictures of the girls having fun on their slide, oblivious to the more aerodynamic do.



Picture to the left shows just how short their hair is from the back. It will grow right?








5 comments:

Jewels of My Heart said...

Just found your blog. Your babies are darling!!!!
Little cutie pies...

insanemommy said...

Oh, honey. You know I had a couple (no names mentioned --- my mil) tell me I needed to get the girls hair cut. I ignored them until "mil" mentioned cutting their hair herself! Needless to say I took them to Hair Cuttery (it is a real salon) and the woman did a fab-oo job. Love, love, love it. I was so afraid they would end up with bangs.... ick.... It will grow back..... Rony

crazylady said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THE HAIR.

Though I second the notion to not go to the salon while having Aunt Martha visit...code for monthly adventure.
Might end up looking like Ginger Spice.
signed,
Skunkado

Steffie B. said...

yes...it will grow, don't worry...plus it's summer! ;)

RamblingMother said...

It is not so bad and yes hair will grow. It really is cute but does make them look more grown up. That is the part that is so hard. Where did all the babies go?