First Birthday

First Birthday
Mommy + "The Girls"

Saturday, June 16, 2007

This Is Summer

2 half-naked 2 year olds running around, water, sand toys, sunscreen and hats. This is what summer is all about. These are my just rewards for surviving winter coats, hats, boots, mittens, scarves, socks, and warm wooly leggins. The pure bliss of opening the door after thinking about it in less than a minute and toddlers are ready. I love pictures of babies in their diapers, so although S + A are wearing swimming diapers, (don't ask me why because they don't even SIT in the d*m water in their little pool), just had to snap these pictures. Instant inspiration for this post. I do believe the girls are making water "soup".
P.S. S + A have seen Mommy paint so much around the house they too now want to paint so I gave them some cheap foam paint brushes and WATER and they love to paint the concrete. The best kinda paint I tellya, especially when S decides it is far more fun to flick her "paint" at her sister instead. No mess, no colour, dries clear and sis gets
instant relief from the heat.

7 comments:

insanemommy said...

I second that one girly girl! I hated witer and the struggles of dressing two only to turn around and one had already peeled their coat, shoes, and hat off! I found it so tiring. Love the summer weather. Open the door and let em run even if they are half naked. Too cute.

Elizabeth said...

I'm inspired by the freedom my son still has, to run in barefeet in the grass, dirt and mud. To pee in the grass and chase the dog with the hose. I think if I tried some of these things, the neighbours might have something to say to me.

crazylady said...

we have the same can. I mean watering, not toilet.
I don't let me kids run around topless. I am paranoid about creepazoids.

kerri said...

Hot fun in the summertime..
I too am feeling elated that old man winter is been given the old heave ho, there's nothing like running out to the backyard in a swimmer and flip flops and the girls in the cute little suits*grin*.

"M2" said...

great paint idea
they are so cute!!!

Steffie B. said...

Totally adorable! Thanks for the b-day wishes!

Nikki said...

We are loving summer over here, too!
If only we were neighbors, Lily would be outside (in nothin' but her swim diaper) blowing bubbles and playing with your girls. Hey! She might even get them in the pool...