First Birthday

First Birthday
Mommy + "The Girls"

Monday, June 4, 2007

Monkey Bread

Guaranteed to satisfy any sweet tooth, make you look like a baker goddess, everyone will want the recipe, and you can make it in less than 10 minutes not counting the cooking time.

Yes, a mother of twins takes short cuts and I gotta tell ya I don't like to give out this recipe because then people will realize I am NOT the goddess of the baked goods, but merely a fraud. But for you my blogger friends here it is, oh it it will become apparent that it is NOT for dieters. One more thing before you make this go out NOW to the grocery store and buy some FRENCH vanilla ice cream ..............Okay, are you back? Here it is:

MONKEY BREAD

  • 2 pkgs. Country Dinner Biscuits (Pillsbury)
  • Cut each biscuit into quarters and roll into a mixture of cinnamon + sugar. (2/3 cups white sugar + 3 tsp. cinnamon). Arrange evenly in a greased bundt pan.
  • Bring to boil in sauce pan: 1 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 water
  • Pour over biscuits just before baking.

Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes. Remove from pan immediately and serve warm with French vanilla ice cream. Delicious.

When I am entertaining I will pop this baby in the oven during dinner and it is ready by the time we are done.

Since I love food, new recipes and this meme consider yourself tagged if you haven't been yet.

3 comments:

crazylady said...

gettting fatter by the millisecond.
How do you keep svelte? I can only imagine. Never mind, don't answer that. What happens at your house, stays at your house.

"M2" said...

Yum... sounds good but too complicated for me.
2 steps is 1 more than I can handle.

Cindy from central NC said...

Uh oh...hadn't tried it yet but on my radar for this weekend. I LOVE LOVE (love) cinamon toast and cinamon buns (almost but not quite as much as I love eggrolls) so I can't wait to try this. I'll post back on it....Thanks for sharing! :)

-cin