First Birthday

First Birthday
Mommy + "The Girls"

Monday, June 18, 2007

Some Of The Inside......

Some people just don't listen to good advice, especially this person. But what do you expect from someone who used to sport the "big" hair look and auctioned herself off??? So I was tagged to show off the inside of my house, and since my eyes were burning looking at all of the "glam" shots floating around here, and here ,I figured I may as well do my homework. Besides, it was alot easier to snap pictures of the house, then to dig through the archives to find my glam shots. Um, what was I thinking? I don't have ANY glam shots............
Couldn't use our homestudy photos, since we've moved twice since then. This is it though, it was far too tough to move with 2 - 16 month olds (last summer), and definitely do not want to repeat that experience for a very loooooong time.










Our house is work in progress, so I have selected a few of the rooms to share with you that are done and won't be remodelled within the next 2 years. (This is what I tell the DH to keep him supporting the reno plans!) The rooms that are going to be remodelled, I figured what's the point? They are going to be changed anyway, so when we do finish them, I will share the before/after shots. I know, I know, far too much excitement, I warned you'll I am an obnoxious do-it-yourselfer.



The first picture is the beaudoir, and I should be lying in that bed right now instead of sitting here blogging.
The above 2 pictures are the living room. My girly room, lotsa flowers in there, floral couch, dried flowers, pictures of flowers, and even some sensual artwork, of people though, not flowers, don't know if that's possible, but I'm sure she could take sensual pictures of ANYTHING. So feminine, I love reading in this room.








The dining room, which is attached to the living room. Good for feasting in for hours at a time and just a-rollin' into the living room.The main floor powder room with the infamous black toilet. The girls favourite room for getting their origamy supplies. They carry the toilet paper (still on the roll and rollin') from this room to the family room, where they make miniscule things, like little balls. Oh, and look a picture of S + A ,( they are all over the house), on the bathroom wall.The last room I want to share with you is our downstairs kitchen. Apparently it is the Italian thing to have 2 kitchens. This is my first home with 2 kitchens and I love it! Mind you it took alot of organizing, to avoid the, "oops it's upstairs, oh no, it's downstairs" saga. So basically had to buy 2 of everything. The best thing about this kitchen is that it is fully equipped with ALL appliances. Halleluia! No carrying dirty dishes upstairs to the dishwasher. Bye the way this kitchen is NEVER this tidy. Had to stuff alot of things in drawers so I could take this picture.


So that's it for now, 10 pictures of some of my rooms. I will be back with more to share after renovations. I hope this satisfies the nosey Nellies, and the Peepin' Toms, somehow I doubt it though, after perusing the half-nuddies floating in cyperspace. (Sigh), gotta fake some glam shots somehow!!!!

6 comments:

"M2" said...

I forgot to tell you......... at Lowes I saw a black toilet!!!
it was on a podium with spectacular lighting
showing off all it's beauty

and that sink, aaahhh
and that kitchen, aaahhh

crazylady said...

On my firefox browser, all the photos overlap :(

unable to get a good lookey

Diana said...

Maybe because I was still working on it?????

M and M said...

Overlapped photos here too...

Saw some of them. I LOVE those blinds!!

Never seen a black toilet before...

Diana said...

That's strange, because they are definitely NOT overlapped over here. Sorry, not computer adept enough to solve this mystery.

insanemommy said...

Now that's what I call a "throne"!
Now, let me get this straight. YOU have two full kitchens?!?! Oh, must have that too. Your home is lovely. Sinfully lovely. Especially with that gorgeous bed. I don't know how you get a lick of anything done...