First Birthday

First Birthday
Mommy + "The Girls"

Saturday, June 2, 2007

Clean Up



The other day while upstairs cleaning, my 2 angels were downstairs in, what I like to call their "giant playpen". They are perfectly safe, have lots of toys, know how to turn on the t.v. (which they rarely do unless Daddy has it on something other than Treehouse, then Alyssa will turn it off! hehe), and have some munchies, (my first mistake). Generally, on good days the 2 "buddies" will play together harmoniously in the same room for a good length of time, which leaves me free to clean the rest of the house. On this particular day I wasn't so lucky, the girls had created a huge "MESS". Thanks to the "Big Comfy Couch", the girls understand what a mess is and will tell you who made it but they haven't quite mastered the 10 second tidy challenge. Come on Comfy Couch people let's work on this one!!!! The first picture clearly shows just what the girls thought of the snack Mommy left them, and if you look closely you can see Sophia in the top of the photo contentedly playing with her Circus. Alyssa was probably hiding under her slide (which is out of view), pooped out from all of her antics. The picture below shows the 2 girls sitting in their Pooh chairs probably watching Barney while Momma cleaned up the MESS. (I know, I know, they can help, but sometimes folks you just do what ya gotta do, and that day I needed to work solo on the MESS).


Alyssa looks like she is "shooing" me out of the way of her view of the t.v. While Sophia turns her face in embarrassment!






Sigh...the plight of a mother, on duty 24/7, clean up? Why bother? But just look at these 2 who can resist especially when they are wearing their "I Love MOM" and "Dad" shirts.


6 comments:

insanemommy said...

I love the jammies! You can leave your kids "unattended" and they don't kill one another?!?! What's your secret? Share. Share...

Rony

Calico Sky said...

Oh my what a clean up!!! Thanks for visiting my blog, I can't wait to read more of your story, I have a special place for blogs about twins!!!!

I LOVE THOSE JAMMIES!!!!

crazylady said...

I'm emailing you from my therapists chair. I will be discharged soon.

RamblingMother said...

The one looks like a doll slumped over until you said it was one of the twins playing I thought it was a doll. Cute cute pics of the girls and their evidence of having fun.(I refuse to call it a mess)

Beverly

"M2" said...

I love these picture! so freakin cute

M and M said...

Yes - that is certainly quite a mess!!

Very cute jammies!