First Birthday

First Birthday
Mommy + "The Girls"

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Clothing Renovations

More wizardry with the sewing machine. This time I took a really cute pair of pj's that were a gift from MIL and the girls wore only once. maybe twice. They did not have the non-slip stuff on the bottom, so they were awkward to begin with. Note to mommies-in-waiting: do not buy any sleepers without the non-slip stuff on the bottom of the feet. Unless you are a carpet gal. Also try to avoid the snap closures, and get sleepers with the looooong zippers (good quality of course, if not that zipper will drive you to distraction), much, much easier to get your little one dressed quickly, and easily. Also, my arthritic neighbour-but-the-girls-call- grandma hands have a lot of trouble doing up the snaps. Nothing is safe from the Singer, or my scissors. these ladybug sleepers were calling to me.
BEFORE











One snip with the scissors, one quick hemming and voila they were transformed into cute little tops....no more worrisome slipping, and they were spared from entering the dark basement in a box labelled, "outgrown" for just a wee bit longer.








AFTERAnd of course this post wouldn't be complete without a picture of the Chicklets sporting their new tops.





Alyssa pointing out the items she would like on the grocery list.Sophia takes her grocery shopping very seriously.



Just when you thought I had forgotten, thought you were safe, I make my move. Seems I need to tag a few victims, I believe the number is 4 ,to reveal the inside of their homes, remember mine? If you have already been tagged there is a reason you're being tagged again.




Hit List:




1. Monkey King (she has a hidden creative side)




2. CrazyLady (play the game baby)




3. Never Too Many (except tags seems like) ditto Crazy's comment




4. Bubble Queen (I'm sure there's a princess in there somewhere)






Have fun tidying, I know I did. Smooch to all.

20 comments:

kitchu said...

How have I never read you?? Your girls are precious! I've got to get caught up here :O) Love the renovation on the onesie, I'll keep that in mind (if I ever actually GET to China!).

polkadot said...

I have some shirts of my own you could enlarge on that sewing machine! The wait for LOA seems to make me hungry.

Seriously, you are one talented mama.

insanemommy said...

Ha ha. I thought they were going to wear the pants too. Loooow riders.. ha ha... Love the little tops! Cute. Your babies are smoochable.

Diana said...

Rony, I never even thought of that! So you do have a creative side!

"M2" said...

well.... none of my clothes fit me anymore... think you could do something to make them fit?... avoiding chocolate is not an option so it has to be altering the clothes bigger :)

I was worried for a second you were gonna use the pants too...

M and M said...

The girls are SO intent on reading the flyers - the pictures are priceless!

Steffie B. said...

Yeah, yeah....Rony tagged me for this too! I'm already behind! You people just think it's funny don't ya?!?!?!?!?

redmaryjanes said...

Phew! I was worried I'd have to clean the house today. I can't sew. I wish I could, but it's definitely not my talent. I love what you did to make those darling tops.

kerri said...

Check out my home, come take the tour,grab a coffee and come on over.

Nikki said...

Love what you did with the girls' onesies...I have NO skill in that area at all and I'm always very impressed with others who do!

I am very SCARED of this tag. I will not be posting pics at the moment...we were gone all weekend and the house needs some TLC. I did look back at your post and am lovin' your home -- beauty-full!

Diana said...

Does anyone know what Rodrigo said?

crazylady said...

rusty spanish suggests:

If you opened your blog on Google, you might be interested in passing by my blog (camiseta personalizidas) ...and see the post...(whatever the other blue thing said) that was posted this morning.


As for the tops, you are spending WAY too much sewing and not blogging if you have time to do this.
I will sign you up for Renovate My Wardrobe show on the chick flick station Or HGTV.
I am still debating the house meme. I know some of you want to scope the joint prior to stealing my stuff.

Diana said...

Mommmies in waiting particularly Shelly and The Agent----your little one will help you melt of those mommy-waiting-pregnancy pounds.
Crazy, you never cease to amaze me.

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Too cute! Love the outfits.

Smiles and Blessings,

Angel ():)

Elizabeth said...

I got that spanish guy once too. erased him.
Um, am I going crazy or did you erase your inside the house post?
really,....did I hit the bottle too early this morning?
I too thought that those were some serious low riders for pants.
You are a crafty girl.

Diana said...

Dragonfly Lady the inside post of my house IS still there.
This should help:
Coffee until noon
Cold caffenated drinks until 5 pm
Wine at dinner
Open bar at 6pm

That should help with your blogging......

Elizabeth said...

Ok I'll bite,
why do I owe you 6 bucks?
and where can I see this post of your house, I can't see it on your blog anywhere!

Elizabeth said...

nevermind
nevermind
nevermind
I got you mixed up with someone else who has a photo of MY hubby in HER bed.
Got my floozies mixed up.
Thousand pardons.
Pass the whiskey.

Diana said...

DF: I should kick your *ss!!! Does that help clear the webs? 6 bucks please.

Elizabeth said...

Ok, here's your six bucks...
are we even?